Stupid Compiler

Notes on things about stuff

Patch for libdasm-1.5

with 2 comments

While working on DynaTrex, I found a small but problematic bug in libdasm-1.5 when parsing some floating point instructions. One of the floating point opcode tables was missing 4 null entries in the middle. This resulted in some incorrect parsing for those instructions following the omission (about 32 opcode encodings). I generated a patch and sent it off to the maintainer, but in case this library isn’t maintained any longer I’m posting the patch here. For verification, try disassembling FRNDINT (0xd9 0xfc).

Advertisements

Written by dionthegod

March 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

2 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Libdasm is now being hosted and maintained on googlecode http://code.google.com/p/libdasm/ . There was a patch for some missing FPU opcodes earlier in the year. The code has also had some other fixes including other missing opcodes, and incorrect modes for opcodes that I submitted myself.

    Silvio Cesare

    September 30, 2009 at 7:07 pm

  2. Funnily enough, I’ve discovered the same thing just a month later myself: http://blog.oxff.net/2009/04/libasm-d9h-fpu-instructions-fix.html

    Georg Wicherski

    October 1, 2009 at 12:59 am


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: